Twisters Closure due to COVID-19
It was very sad and quite frightening to have received direction last night, from firstly the Victorian Government and then from the Federal Government, that all non-essential businesses, where gatherings occur, must close immediately. This includes Twisters and means that we are closed for the foreseeable future.
The frightening thing is that we don’t know whether this will be a 1-month, 3-month, maybe even a 6-month measure. We will be making many, many changes to our programs, through this time, so that Twisters is even better than ever when we return.
Unlimited Make-Up Classes and 10% Lifetime Discount
We have had an overwhelmingly positive response to our communications, thank you all for your support. We appreciate your understanding and your open lines of communication.
We know this is not appropriate for everyone and that circumstances differ for every family. We hope that once things have settled down we will see you all again; we hope everyone stays safe during such unknowing times.
If you remain securely employed and your families income is not terribly affected, we would really appreciate it if you would consider helping Twisters through this extraordinarily tough time, and keep your child(ren) enrolled and on the monthly billing cycle. We still have large rents to pay for our facilities, we have so many staff that we are still trying to support as best we can, as well as Dan and Sarah’s family and livelihood that we are trying to support.
If you’re able to remain enrolled during this time:
- Your child will maintain their current enrolment.
- Children will continue to accumulate unlimited make-up classes throughout this time of closure that can be used when we re-open.
- You will receive our ongoing communications, regular videos for at home gymnastics classes and activities, etc.
Last night we also announced further incentive for all families who remain enrolled with us through this closure, that they would immediately receive a 10% discount on their membership fees and that this 10% fee would carry through 2020. We have decided to step up this incentive:
LIFETIME 10% DISCOUNT
Any child who remains enrolled with Twisters from April 1st, 2020, will receive a 10% discount on ALL Twisters payments, for the duration of their continued enrolment. This includes a discount on their monthly fees, annual registration and insurance fee, holiday program bookings, holiday workshops, Parents’ Night Out events and clothing.
We’re a small, family owned business, your consideration to stay is making a huge difference to Team Twisters, thank you!
Focusing on Happy, Healthy Kids
We suddenly find ourselves in isolation… For those of us with kids at home, that can feel like a big task, keeping them active while ensuring theirs (and your) safety. Kids are active, it’s their nature. So, what can we do to ensure that they’re staying stimulated during this time?
The Government of Australia, Department of Health has some guidelines to ensure kids are as health as they can be. Check out their recommendations here, or visit their website www.health.gov.au for more ideas.
Twisters is working hard to provide online content to current members to help keep your little ones busy during this time. We will keep you posted!
Gymnast of the Month
March Northcote GoM: Thomas
Coach Lauren says, Thomas has come so incredibly far over the last couple of years, and is a very deserving gymnast of the month! His dedication to gym has allowed him to achieve new skills recently including his bank handspring and backflip on tramp – what a superstar!
Thomas has a fantastic attitude, he is always positive and excited to to come to gym. He works hard in class, is a great leader and role model to his peers and is always willing to help out.
I’m so proud of what he has achieved and can’t wait to keep coaching Thomas to see him grow and improve!
The tough questions:
- When did you start gymnastics? 2 years ago
- What is your favourite thing about gym? It’s fun and I get to do a lot of things
- Do you do any other activities? Swimming, soccer, AFL, tennis
- What is your favourite movie? The Sandlot Kids
- What is your favourite food? Lasagne
- Favourite gymnastics skill? Backflip
- What gymnastics skill have you always wanted to learn? Tumbling on the floor
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? Freeze
- What do you want to do when you are older? Ninja
March Northcote GoM: Sophie
Coach Audrey says, Sophie has been doing gymnastics for a while now and every lesson she is improving. She is always happy and wants to be there and to learn. Sophie is always positive and kind to the other kids in the class, especially the new kids.
She is very resilient as well as extremely committed (hardly ever misses a class!) and that is shown throughout her improvements every single week. Sophie is very determined and will try all the new skills and work very hard to complete them!
Great job Sophie, keep up the great work and improvements each week!
The tough questions:
- When did you start gymnastics? 2019
- What is your favourite thing about gym? Trampoline
- Do you do any other activities? No
- What is your favourite movie? I don’t have one
- What is your favourite food? Milk chocolate
- Favourite gymnastics skill? Bunny hops
- What gymnastics skill have you always wanted to learn? Front flip
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? All of them!
- What do you want to do when you are older? Artist